read ( words)
Here are some basic steps to making that perfect pasta:
1. Use a lot of water and a large pot.
2. Salt the water to add flavor and to help the pasta absorb the sauce.
3. Do not add anything else to the water. No oil, no butter, nothing.
4. Bring the water to a rolling boil, add the pasta and cover the pot to make it quickly boiling again. Remove the lid when it begins to boil for the second time.
5. Do not rinse pasta. You want starch on the pasta to help the sauce adhere to it. The only exception is if you are making a cold pasta salad.
6. Checking pasta for doneness by removing a strand or two with a fork and tasting for doneness